Monday, July 3, 2017

For the Love of Reading: I can't hold it in

I decided this Spring to leave the education profession and go back to school to get a Master's Degree in Accounting. It was a hard decision, but ultimately the best one for myself and my family. However, I just can't miss Nerd Camp MI, and I am excited about helping plan Nerd Camp NC. I have always loved reading, but for most of my life, it was a solitary adventure. I didn't think it was possible to love reading more, but the Nerdy Book Club community has made that happen. It has also done major damage to my bank account because I am quite impatient about waiting for the library to get the books I want to read. There is no going back to the days where I read a book and then just moved on to the next one. I can't hold my love of reading in!  It demands to be shared.

By valuing reading as a community, I have helped my children love reading more. I make more of an effort to share with them the books that I'm reading, which expands their exposure to current literature. It is perfect because I have a teenager, tween and a nine-year-old and can share almost the entire spectrum of children and young adult literature. My two oldest children are presenting at nErDcamp with me next week! We'll hopefully present at least 20 books. After last year, I know to expect 50+ people in our session so I am bringing other 2017 books, books from nErDcampMI authors, professional books, and 2016 elementary nonfiction books that I bought/received during my participation on the 2017 Cybils committee.

Here are the books we are presenting:

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting

Carolyn - 9th grade

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

Charlotte - 6th grade

Books I am presenting:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Comment moderation is enabled to prevent spam. We will review your comment ASAP. Can't bear to wait? Feel free to comment to us directly on Twitter. Our handles are @sralph31 and @lehmanac