Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Picture Book Wednesday: The Thank You Book


Amy's Review: 
In The Thank You Book Piggie decides to have a thank-o-rama. He runs around and thanks several different animals. Including this friend from another awesome Mo Willems series. 

Piggie continues to thank everyone until Elephant reminds him that he is missing a very important person. The very important person is not who you expect.

I ultimately enjoyed this book. Elephant and Piggie books are great for use with struggling readers. I am sad that this is the last book but, Mo Willems ended the series on a good note. I  recommend The Thank You Book to all young readers and anyone who loves  Elephant and Piggie. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

Sara's Review

Elephant and Piggie holds a special place in my heart because it was how my youngest daughter learned to read. For about two years, we read about 5 books from the series every night before bed. The Thank You Book is the perfect way to end the series. It kind of reminds me of my other favorite in the series, We Are In A Book!

Here is Christine choosing between Ballet Cat: It's A Secret Secret and I Need a Nap in one of Alabama school librarian Benji Martin's Monday Book Battles.




John Schu, Ambassador for School Libraries, is celebrating #thankorama month on his blog




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Comment moderation is enabled to prevent spam. We will review your comment ASAP. Can't bear to wait? Feel free to comment to us directly on Twitter. Our handles are @sralph31 and @lehmanac